Metalcloak Instruction Downloads & Support - Just Choose Your Rig Below
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MetalCloak
Reply with quote  #1 
Please click the link below to view instructions (.pdf) referenced in the title of this thread.

JK/JL Front Driveshaft Automatic Transmission

Please assist us in our commitment to continuously improve our installation instructions. If you think information is missing, have advice to share with others, or have clearer pictures/illustrations please post them to this thread. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Only One Rule...Please Be Cool.

If you notice a post that has been deleted, we likely implemented the idea into our published instructions.

Questions about your installation?
Please email [email protected] or call 916-631-8071

The comments in this forum do not represent official advice from Metalcloak.
Users of Metalcloak products follow the advice of others at their own risk.

Mark B
Reply with quote  #2 
The JLUR factory driveshaft near the transfer case has a small metal plate that is press fit in place on the yolk shaft, and provides protection to the outer seal at the transfer case.  When you remove the factory yolk, it looks like you can simply remove this and place it on the new driveshaft... but I can tell you that simply isn't the case.  (I bent the crap out of it using a puller and never got it off.)

The instructions don't say anything about this piece... and it struck me as odd that the new yolk didn't have a piece like this to protect the seal. 

Recommendation:  If the shield is not necessary, then it might be worth mentioning in the instructions that the new yolk does not need the shield and to just bolt the new yolk in place.  (Assuming that it's not needed... I haven't been able to confirm that yet.)

Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.