Metalcloak Instruction Downloads & Support - Just Choose Your Rig Below
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MetalCloak
Reply with quote  #1 

Our installation instructions, like our products, are result of hours of detailed work to ensure you have the best possible experience with MetalCloak. We are always striving to improve our instructions.

Please assist us in our commitment to continuously improve our installation instructions. If you think information is missing, have advice to share with others, or have clearer pictures/illustrations please post them to this thread. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Only One Rule...Please Be Cool.

Questions about your installation?
Please email [email protected] or call 916-631-8071 

The comments in this forum do not represent official advice from Metalcloak.
Users of Metalcloak products follow the advice of others at their own risk.

Phillip Wolf
Reply with quote  #2 

Gentlemen ...

I have your rear fender plate and flare on my 2006 TJ Rubicon. *VERY* satisfied with the strength and ease of installation.

I recently crunched my front driver fender.  Reluctantly, I replaced it with a Crown reproduction factory fender.

This may strike many as a STUPID suggestion, but here is why I did not switch to Metalcloak front fenders and flares:

IF you added a plate to the lower front edge of your fender to hold the factory turn signal; and ...

IF you added a plate to the lower front edge of your flare to hold the factory side marker light ...

I would already be installing your product.

I have never seen a satisfactory replacement for stock marker lights and signals.  These plates would be far enough forward to never interfere with tire travel, and while they may catch on trail obstructions, they would in no manner compromise the strength of your well-engineered designs.

I have even contemplated getting my local metal guy to fab these onto your product, but I would hate to mar the finish of your great powder-coating option.

thanks!
-Phil

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.