Metalcloak Instruction Downloads & Support - Just Choose Your Rig Below
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MetalCloak
Reply with quote  #1 
Please click the link below to view instructions (.pdf) referenced in the title of this thread.

Please assist us in our commitment to continuously improve our installation instructions. If you think information is missing, have advice to share with others, or have clearer pictures/illustrations please post them to this thread. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Only One Rule...Please Be Cool.

If you notice a post that has been deleted, we likely implemented the idea into our published instructions.

Questions about your installation?
Please email [email protected] or call 916-631-8071

The comments in this forum do not represent official advice from Metalcloak. 
Users of Metalcloak products follow the advice of others at their own risk.

Richard
Reply with quote  #2 

2004 TJ owner with Metalcloak rear bumper w/ tire carrier.    Installed the Hi-Lift mount today and the spacing between the bolts did not align well with the holes in the hi-lift jack.  I has to use a round file to move the holes further apart from each other just a bit to make this work. 

Also I question the wisdom of mounting the jack upside down.  The first time I turned the jack upside down to mount it, the running gear slid down the bar which caused the handle to scratch the jeep.   The instructions should have some safe guidance about handling the jack upside down.   I think using that repositioning the top clevis clamp and bolt lower to lock the running gear in place might be solution, or zip tie/velcro the the running gear in place. 

Richard
Reply with quote  #3 
More on the mounting the jack upside down...    I had zip tied the running gear in place however the vibration from driving sheared the zip tie and the running gear with handle assembled slid down the bar until the handle hit the bumper.   Not ideal at all. 

Richard
Reply with quote  #4 
Final update - for jacks not aligning well with the bolts... you may need to move the bolts to different holes.  This worked for me.    PDF says to use the larger 2 holes, and the picture in the PDF if zoomed in will show you which ones those are. 

For mounting jack upside down, get a safety pin with retaining spring to keep the runner from sliding down the jack bar.  They cost about $3. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.