Metalcloak Instruction Downloads & Support - Just Choose Your Rig Below
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Metalcloak
Reply with quote  #1 

Please click the link below to view instructions (.pdf) referenced in the title of this thread.

JK Overline Tube Fender

Overline Tube Fender Installation Video

Please assist us in our commitment to continuously improve our installation instructions. If you think information is missing, have advice to share with others, or have clearer pictures/illustrations please post them to this thread. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Only One Rule...Please Be Cool.

If you notice a post that has been deleted, we likely implemented the idea into our published instructions.

Questions about your installation?
Please email [email protected] or call 916-631-8071

The comments in this forum do not represent official advice from Metalcloak.
Users of Metalcloak products follow the advice of others at their own risk.

Hendrik
Reply with quote  #2 
If you are installing the overline front fenders with the inner fender kit, or consider installing the inner fender kit in the future, use this following "tip" for drilling the holes in the rear of the fender attachment , where you pass through 2 body panels:

Use the "spacers"/stand-offs welded onto the small inner fender, instead of the stand-offs supplied with the fender kit, to ensure accuracy of your drill angle and proper fitment of the inner fender.
Jeeplab
Reply with quote  #3 
Hendrik's tip is great. I just happened to do the same thing during my install. If you have the liner, use that to get them both perfect. 

I'm not sure if this is a tip, or even recommended, but I used a 1/64" low friction washer (same diameter as rivet nut) between the rivet nut and the exoskin during my install. The idea is that it would prevent metal on metal friction between the steel plate and the rivet nut which could lead to rust or corrosion over time. 

They are relatively cheap from McMaster and put off the inevitable for a bit longer.  

Jeremy
Reply with quote  #4 
Something I found helpful was on the center fender bracket - leave the stock M6 bolts out of it till you get the 4 button head bolts started.  You'll probably need to push up from the bottom on the center fender bracket to get button head's started.  Once you've got THOSE started - THEN you can go back and start the M6 bolts on the bottom.  Leave all of them loose till you've got the rest of your bolts started.

If you're installing the inner fender kit at the same time - read up on how that mounts to save having to pull bolts back out.
OldSkool
Reply with quote  #5 
Wish I was aware of the forum posts before my install. The alignment of the two body holes the center inner fender attaches to were a challenge and one was offset enough to not allow the backing flat washer. The subsequent install of the center inner fender was also complicated as a result of just using the loose standoff instead of using the assembly as a drill template. This should be clearly noted in the front fender install instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik
If you are installing the overline front fenders with the inner fender kit, or consider installing the inner fender kit in the future, use this following "tip" for drilling the holes in the rear of the fender attachment , where you pass through 2 body panels:

Use the "spacers"/stand-offs welded onto the small inner fender, instead of the stand-offs supplied with the fender kit, to ensure accuracy of your drill angle and proper fitment of the inner fender.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.