Metalcloak Instruction Downloads & Support - Just Choose Your Rig Below
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MetalCloak
Reply with quote  #1 
Please click the link below to view instructions (.pdf) referenced in the title of this thread.

Please assist us in our commitment to continuously improve our installation instructions. If you think information is missing, have advice to share with others, or have clearer pictures/illustrations please post them to this thread. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Only One Rule...Please Be Cool.

If you notice a post that has been deleted, we likely implemented the idea into our published instructions.

Questions about your installation?
Please email [email protected] or call 916-631-8071

The comments in this forum do not represent official advice from Metalcloak.
Users of Metalcloak products follow the advice of others at their own risk.

Guy Cooper
Reply with quote  #2 
Ordered the Sportgate end of Jan 2019 and finally installed it at the end of March.  The instructions are in color and are very good.  I have two things I'd like to identify though.
  • On the Product Components list (page 3), item #5 is four 16 x 0.75 Allen head bolts.  These bolts are not shown anywhere else in the instructions.  I overlooked installing them and just recently saw the empty bolt holes.  After looking it over, I cannot tell what they are used for.
  • Concerning the cutting of the third brake light wiring (page 4, step 1, subsection D), I did not cut the wire at this time.  I was installing a third brake light ring and wanted to see how much wiring I would need to reach the ring's connector.  A suggestion is to annotate in the instructions the need to not cut the wire too short or to cut it later when/if installing a third brake light.  
Other than those two issues, I really love the Sportgate.  It is very stout and my spare tire (37") does not move or rattle at all.

Guy Cooper
Reply with quote  #3 
Here are the bolts and their location I was referring too in my first post:

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_5372.jpg, Views: 19, Size: 97.89 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.